Tuesday 26 May 2015

Neil and Lorraine

Shortly after arriving at work on Sunday, some old friends turned up to collect the key to Rio Vista, as they were having a few days with me on their return journey to Australia. They had been visiting grandchildren in the UK for 4 weeks so spent Sunday resting until I finished work. We ventured down to Punggol Park for dinner as it is so convenient.
Neil and Lorraine decided they would like to join our walking group on Monday morning. Unfortunately for them it was one of our longest walks, and very hot but they coped remarkably well.


After returning home they 'discovered 'our pool so we spent a bit of time cooling off before getting ready for a night out. 
Lorraine and Neil are in a wine club back home and some of the other members had talked about the wine fairy in Singapore so she was on their wish list. After dinner at Blue Jazz, where we were joined by Bev, Libby and Eric, we strolled over to Divine Wine Bar to watch the wine fairy at work.

We spent Tuesday morning exploring Gardens by the Bay, where I was able to fine tune some Great Race questions, while Lorraine and Neil admired the area. In the cloud dome we were impressed with the lego display!

After Neil and Lorraine departed for the airport I dashed over to Robert and Maria's to farewell Elizabeth off on the next phase of her life journey. We were joined by Craig and Melisa a very pleasant young couple who work with Robert and Maria at the Kovan branch of MAE.
After a staff development day at Bishan on Thursday we had Friday off for May Day. Now that I have my own binoculars I was allowed to go back again. Libby, Eric and I managed to see quite a few interesting birds including the very beautiful copper throated sunbird. Searches are made much easier when you see a number of photographers, with long lenses, all pointing in the same direction. We probably would have overlooked the sunbird without this 'pointer'. It seems I am destined not to see a hornbill in Singapore as Libby and Eric sighted one flying overhead as I was answering my phone!
scarlet backed flowerpecker, lineated barbet, pied oriental hornbill, copper-throated sunbird

After returning home for a short rest I joined Libby, Eric and Peter at a new watering hole, called Saturdays. It is conveniently located not too far from their back gate, and even better there is a bus stop at the door at which I can catch a bus almost to home. It could become an occasional alternative for Sunday drinks.






No comments:

Post a Comment