Thursday 30 July 2015

Test week

History wall, weaver birds nests, at the Point
After such a full on couple of days in Penang I was planning to have a rest for the remainder of the week, but when Peter suggested a walk from Hougang to Punggol Point for Thursday morning I agreed. We walked through Punggol Park and passed the recently finished HDB about 200m from home. They have an interesting History mural out the front. It was a pleasant, but long, walk with some areas being rather exposed. I would like to head back along part of it in the future with my binoculars as we did see some birdlife. 
From the Point we caught the bus back to Punggol MRT, so after 2 and a half years I have finally visited the bus interchange at Punggol!
As I had not really caught up with Robert and Maria much since their return from Italy I caught up with them for a coffee in Kovan before work. It was good to see them.
The last couple of weeks have been rather difficult, wondering if I have done the right thing signing up for another year. I think perhaps visiting home is always a little unsettling, and then having Duncan here was so good but I guess I'll get over it. I am looking forward to having a weekend at home early in August. 
Singapore is celebrating its 50th birthday on August 9th and despite it being a Sunday, our directors have decided to close the business for the day. We also get Friday 7th off as it is a memorial day for LKY. Incidentally, there is currently a musical showing here about his life!
The week ended with drinks at Joe's on Sunday night with a special appearance by Richard, who worked at MAE until the end of 2014. He has returned to live in Yamba, and is actually the uncle of 2 of my old students from Lismore Heights Public...small world!


No comments:

Post a Comment