Tuesday 22 December 2015

Xmas week 2

This week has been a constant stream of lunches and dinners catching up with a number of friends. I had planned to have a quiet day on Monday after a poor nights sleep but Chris was taking a trip to Murwillumbah to spend some winnings at the pro shop at the golf club, so I went along to keep her company. I hadn't been there for a couple of years and the golf club had great views to Mount Warning.
Kookaburra, Mount Warning, Lunch at The Wharf, Shrike?

Good news to receive contact from 2 different people regarding a bit of local birdwatching. A couple from Lennox offered to take me for a walk to a couple of different sites and after a bit of discussion re a suitable time we agreed on next Wednesday when we return from Bellingen. They are going to take me to both heathland and seashore so I am looking forward to that...haven't been able to convince any other family members to join me!
Visiting magpie, Little wattlebird, Kingfisher with breakfast!
Pam and I met in Lismore to buy a birthday present for Sue. I was rather taken by the 'controversial' Xmas tree downtown...apparently opinions varied from 'great way to recycle' to 'dreadful waste of money'! I rather liked it and thought it looked colourful both day and night.

I had been invited to a small dinner for one of the Lismore Heights Staff who was moving on to Wollongbar due to a drop in school numbers...I turned up to collect Jodie only to discover I was a week EARLY!
Wednesday and Thursday were spent catching up with friends and trying some recipes from the vegetarian cookbook in anticipation of Duncan and Biancas arrival at the weekend. I turned out a couple of delicious meals, testing one of them on Chris and Pam before a game of cards on Thursday night.
Friday was lunch again this time at the perfectly situated Lighthouse Cafe in superb weather. On the way I spied a kingfisher with a lizard dangling from its mouth. The week ended with what could become a regular outing, dinner at the Shaws Bay hotel.
Lighthouse Beach


No comments:

Post a Comment